IPE Important questions March 2016
Important questions March-2016
Prose
Short
answers questions
1) ‘Most
complex problems do have a solution’, Explain how the girl in the story used
lateral thinking to come up with a solution for her problem.
2) Explain
the difference between lateral thinking and logical thinking.
3) Explain
the use of six thinking hates.
4) Sudha
Murthy was extremely determined and resolute. Justify this statement.
5) Explain
the relationship between bowling and wicket keeping with examples.
6) What
are the qualifications, according to the writer, that a wicket keeper should
possess?
7) The
invention of robots will not lead to the loss of jobs. How does the writer
explain this?(or)
8) How
does human intelligence differ from robotic or computer intelligence?
9) Robotic
and computer intelligence complement human intelligence. Comment.
10) Describe
Adam Mayblum’s escape from the 87th floor of the World Trade Centre.
11) The
play is a satire on the modern education system, which doesn’t prepare students
for life. Discuss and debate.
Poetry
1) Who finds a faithful friend, finds treasure. This is a Jewish saying. Do
you agree? Base your answer Kahlil Gibran’s On Friendship
2) “A
true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows
that you are slightly cracked” said Bernard Meltzer.List all the qualities a
true friend should have, according to Kahlil Gibran.
3)
How does Television kill one’s imagination?
4) Describe how children spent their
leisure time in the past and how they spend it now
5)
The poem ‘A Spider and a Fly’ is a
celebration of beauty rather than utility. Justify your answer.
6)
Does the poet approve of celebrating Mother’s
Day?
7) Contrast
the attitude of adults as opposed to children as reflected in the poem
‘Anecdote for Father’
Non- detailed
(Short stories)
1) Were
Bob and Wells both successful men at the time of their second meeting? Justify
your answer.
2)
Datta found a solution his problem. Did it really work
for him? Justify your answer?
3)
Is the nightingale’s sacrifice in vain? Give reason to
your support?
Important Annotations
Prose
1)
All
in all, it is easier to be Prime Minister of a coalition government, than it is
to be wicket- keeper of India.
2)
Because
I didn’t get money’s worth, that’s why!
3)
Sevenmeters!I know it lasted that long.
4) Everyone
was a hero, justify this statement made by Adam Mayblum.
5) If
muscles aren’t used much, they get
flabby, and that’s true of the brain, too
6) In
most real-life situations, the pieces are not given, we just assume they are
there. We assume certain perceptions, concepts and boundaries”.
7) “Life
was full of fun and joy. I did not know what helplessness or injustice mean.”
8) “Fine
preparation one might say for the most complicated of cricketing tasks- keeping
wickets
9) It
is thinking differently or doing something different, doing something that
might be quite novel and unconventional in nature.
10) Though I
was not keen on taking up the job, I saw as a challenge.
11) He must
focus, and focus relentlessly.
12) There will
be many times as many jobs coming into being as are destroyed.
13) The connection of a heart surgeon, the reflexes of fighter pilot, the
guts of a boxer”
Poetry
1)
“For in the dew of little things the heart
finds its morning and is refreshed”
2)
“I am a vessel of righteousness scattering
seeds of justice and serving the noblest uses”.
3)
“My thoughts on former pleasure ran, I
thought of Kilve’s delightful shore”.
4)
It rots the sense in the head! It kills imagination
dead! It clogs and clutters of the mind!”
5)
They sit and stare and stare and sit,until they are
hypnotized by it.
6)
“I am the artist a creator and a demi-god’
7)
Whenever I see a caterpillar slouching towards a
pansy’s eye, or hear ancestral voices in a wind’s howl, I invoke my diety –
sometimes twice a day”.
8)
Holding a candela for in the dew of little things the
heart finds its morning and is refreshed.
9)
He is your field you sow with love and reap with
thanks giving and he is board and fireside.
10) I serve a
great purpose in the world.
Prepared by G P. Yadav
www.gphenglish.blogspot.com
Comments
Post a Comment